Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blogging cont'd

For some reason I thought I had already posted twice this week, so to accommodate the requirements of the class I'm posting twice today.

In LIS2000 we are to participate in weekly online discussion groups regarding issues in library sciences. Each week a student or two is in charge of moderating the discussion, this week belonging to myself. The general topic is how the web has influenced scholarly communication and publishing, and what implications its had and will have on libraries. Being the tech geek that I am (haha), my co-leader and I agreed that I would tackle discussion related to Web 2.0 and the Semantic web.

For anyone interested, I stumbled upon this blog from the Semantic Library blogroll. It contains an archive of topics related to new technology and library futurism, if for in the future you find yourself having to discuss these issues with colleagues.



No comments:

Post a Comment